Thursday, June 26, 2008

Silence? AND Serenity!



After getting off the phone with a friend this afternoon I figure I had better check on the kids. I don't hear them playing or arguing. Uh oh! Something must be up! So I call out, "Guys where are you?" "Out here mom!" I look out the kitchen window and they have their camp chairs set up in the fort area of the swing set and are reading quietly! No arguments, talking or problems. Just a peaceful place to read outside on a not so sunny summer day! Great idea guys! I run to get my camera and Xander says "Oh no mom! You're not going to put this in your blog are you?" You betcha! I have to preserve these great ideas (and moments of silence and serenity) for forever!



3 comments:

Christy said...

It is always so fun to read when not an assignment! I hope you sat down too, to read a book and relax with them. Out door reading (especially at the beach) is the best.

Tina said...

Boy do I wish I could do that!!! Sign me up.

Tamlynn said...

Awesome. I tried to do this with my kids recently, but my butt wore out on the hard boards before their's did.

Your kids and my dd are the same age!