The other night I was thinking about how much the kids have changed in the past year in first grade. Here are a few things that come to mind about my sweet little girl.
Alyssa:
- She finally learned how to tie her shoes! This truly is my fault. I found it much easier to do it myself when we were running out the door in the morning five minutes late. If she did it I would just have to re do it! What a poor attitude I know, but now she can do it and my guilt is gone.
- Her choppy reading really improved. In kindergarten she was always so interested in the pictures that she would stop-mid-sentence and look over the page. I think it is the artist in her! It took forever to get through a page and now we breeze through and look at the pictures AFTER!
- She received her first marriage proposal! A few days prior she received a cute silver bracelet with her name on it from Matt Fors. She comes home from school a few days later and says, "MOM I don't want to marry Matt Fors! I like him and all, but I DON'T WANT TO MARRY HIM!" (This is going to be the story of her life throughout high school! The boys that you really like- don't like you and those that you don't- love you!) So I told her to tell Matt that she'll be his friend but she really is too young to get married!
- She loves art and really soared in this area. The way she creates a picture-the depth, dimension and creativity are way beyond her years!
- First accidental swear. Oops! Of course she learned this on the good ol' bus! She comes home one day and says, "Mom Collin says sNit is a swear word." I partially listening say, "No sNit is not a swear word." Then out pops the real thing! That's the word mom. I, trying very hard not to laugh, in my most serious face say, "that is definitely a swear word and one we don't ever use!" She bursts out in tear and says, "Mom that doesn't count because I didn't know that it was bad! Please take it back!" I tell her it's okay as long as she doesn't say it again!
- She was strongly attracted to one of the boys in her class who didn't always make the best choices. He was silly, mean to others on occasion and had this magnetism that just drew her, as well as others, to him. I tried to get across that sometimes when we associate with those who make bad choices people think that is what we too believe. What a hard concept for a seven year old! I think we may still be working on this...until about 20 or so!
- She LOST a tooth! I kept teasing her that she would go to college with all of her baby teeth! Now I'll have to find something else to tease her about!
My 3 favorite things about Alyssa:
1. She is kind and considerate. She never wants to hurt any ones feelings.
2. She is a wonderful artist. Drawing something almost everyday it has to be a part of her life!
3. She has a great love for animals. She has never been one to play with dolls. Animals are first and foremost on her list.
4. Okay just one more...She has great Faith! She is such a great example to me!
Stay tuned for Xander's post tomorrow!
6 comments:
Would love to see some of that artwork of hers! :)
what a fun idea for a post a neat way to remember her at a given moment!
Isn't fun to see how much they have changed in a year? I sure hope Joseph wasn't the one you were referring to in the post:)
By the way, Joseph informed me he knew all about Matthew Fors. Why didn't I know? C'mon you gotta keep me in the loop here Joseph.
We love Alyssa too! She is such a fun girl and we are thrilled to be able to see her so often. Watch out with those gifts from boys!
We love Alyssa too! She is such a fun girl and we are thrilled to be able to see her so often. Watch out with those gifts from boys!
We had such a fun time visiting and hanging out with Alyssa. I appreciate her sharing her room. It was so much fun getting to know her and I know Sam enjoyed playing with her a lot!!
Post a Comment