Thursday, June 5, 2008

AHHHH!


AHHHH! Some much bickering in our home! First Xander and Alyssa argue because that is how they speak to each other lately. Then Xander ignores Alyssa, then she screams at him for ignoring her. An insincere sorry is blurted out with them then arguing about how the other doesn't really mean it! This is about the time where I intervene with a, "Go to your room" and then they are both screaming and whining about going to their rooms. AHHHH! Then I am irritated at the lack of peace in our home. This is about the time that they are all happy and loving with one another and all is forgotten and I am still STEWING! I know I should not get involved and let them "duke it out" (not literally), but I can't stand to hear them screaming at each other. So I had them sit down on the couch after all was just peachy and decide how they are going to get along better- because there is NO WAY we are going to go through the entire summer like this. There are consequences to both good and bad choices. BLAH blah blah............By now they have SO tuned out! They did come up with how to get along better and consequences to their arguing.


Xander "treat everyday like it is a holiday."

Alyssa "I don't get it!"

Xander "Well since holidays are happy days we treat each other nicely since we are happy."

Alyssa "Oh I get it. We'll just be nice to each other."

Consequences:

Xander "we have these clothes pins with minutes on it. Like 1 hour. Is that too much mom?"

Mom (out loud) "That may be a little too long. We have places to go and people to see."

Mom (inside) "An hour sounds great! Peace and quiet no arguing for 1 whole hour."

Alyssa "How about like 5 minutes"

Mom "I get to double it if you argue with me about going to your room to calm down."

So now there is peace in the home. Maybe it will last until tonight? Well you can't shoot a mom for aiming high!

3 comments:

Jared said...

I agree with you about the still steaming part! It is harder for adults to just move on after a bout of tension, but children seem to leave it in the past quickly. I should probably be sent to my room also. (YEA!)
Your a tough mom, keep up the battle, they will be friends forever someday.

Jamie said...

Cute picture of those two.

Isn't that the hardest thing about fighting--not getting emotionally involved. I'm really trying to work on remaining calm since my moodiness always escalates the fight. Its so hard to do. You're doing great--keep up the good work.

smart mama said...

sneding peaceful vibes~