Wednesday, May 28, 2008

SO I cave!








SO all winter long I have been saying that I am going to make life easier come next school year and that we are going to not have SO many things going on. I gave the kids a speech about how we have so many places to be-karate, soccer, soon to be scouts and activity days (not until October). SO I gave them a choice karate or soccer truly hoping it would be karate that they would cut out. No such luck! They chose karate, "I want to get my black bet MOM!" Alright soccer it out. We will NOT sign up for soccer in the Fall. I was kinda burnt out on indoor soccer. It is hard to feel a connection sitting on freezing cold benches with 2 inches of plexiglass between you and the players on the astroturf field. Every Tuesday night my SUV would be on auto pilot to indoor soccer where one or both had a game. SO then outdoor soccer starts again and what do I do? I CaVe! There I am with my checkbook signing up for the Fall season of soccer! There is just something so great about being outside on a warm Spring or crisp Fall day with the lush green grass, the cheer of the crowd for a play well done AND nothing NOTHING can beat the feeling of watching your child score a goal that was hard and well earned! Watching their hand ShOOt up in the air with a "yEs" on their lips and the swelling in my heart for a "job WELL dOnE"! SO am I glad that I did it? YOU BET!

2 comments:

smart mama said...

hahaha- i am glad to have non soccerite-- happy active kids are a good thing

LL said...

love it...black belt, that's impressive!