Sunday, May 4, 2008

Paul's 40th birthday


We had a wonderful day on April 24th celebrating Paul's 40th birthday and spending time together. Paul said it was a great day as long as I didn't bring up the birthday part! We gave him presents in the morning and spent the rest of the day outside enjoying the beautiful weather. My favorite present to him was 40 reasons why we love him. I did 20 and the kids each did 10. It was interesting since I asked them separately and they came up with duplicate answers. I guess that is what really stands out to them and makes him such a great dad! Here is the list:

1.He's funny 2.He's helpful-If I need to get a golf ball in the woods he'll get it for me. 3.He makes us ice cream sundaes. 4.He loves me and I love him. 5.He takes me to fun places. 6.He buys me stuff. 7.He makes us special lunches on Sunday. 8.He plays basketball and soccer with us. 9.He always swims with us even if he doesn't want to! 10.He plays Wii and Sorry with us.11.He's always willing to go and get something from the store no matter what hour. 12. He's an awesome father who truly loves his children. 13.He has chubby cheekers and beautiful blues. 14.He takes pride in his work and is always striving to do better. 15.He drives an Altima even though he would love a corvette. 16.He willingly works on all the projects I deem very important ! 17.He supports me in my church callings and volunteering. 18. He speaks his mind!19. He is honest. 20.He has a big heart for me, his children and animals. 21.He works hard on keeping the cars & yard clean and looking nice. . 22. He indulges my whims- travel, painting, new furniture, rugs etc... 23.He loves his job and truly enjoys what he does. 24.He is funny and is always coming up with a witty remark. 25.He shares the remote. 26.He mostly knows when to accept defeat. 27.He's always up for dinner out. 28.He tries his best to balance work and family. 29.He is always there for important events in all of our lives! 30.He's funny. 31.He's nice. 32.He takes us to school and karate. 33.He plays in the pool when we are on vacation. 34.He cuddles with us. 35.He plays baseball with us. 36.He builds Legos with me. 37.He makes us sundaes. 38.He plays Wii with us. 39.He tells good jokes.! 40.And most of all he really loves us!

2 comments:

LL said...

that was a cute tribute! i want
to add one to the list....he's a fellow diet coker!
love that. HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAUL!

scooternmoe said...

Wow, you're 40 now! If I had a comment to make about Trueman, and I do, it would be "he wears shorts year round!". I still think there should be a picture of you wearing the "Traditional Birthday Hat"....where is it Paul....give it up man! Molly says you have it so show us.
Happy Birthday Trueman!
Scott