Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Sandy Nowlin day!

(Leslie, Mom and I 2004)

For years and years and years I was so sad on my birthday and Mother's day! My birthday usually falls just before or after Mother's day and sometimes, like this year, on the same day. My sister and I even started calling Mother's day Sandy Nowlin's day (our mom) instead because it was such a difficult day without the children who we so desperately wanted. I am so grateful that those days are long behind me and my sister now. It was so nice to wake up to my two bright, smiling children yesterday morning with pleas to open their card and gift first! I love being a mother, not just on this day (especially due to commercialization)but every single day! Some days are not the best and I know that I will try harder the next day to be more PATIENT, more KIND, more the kind of mom that I want to be! My favorite time is when I tuck the kids in long after they have gone to sleep. The overwhelming sense of pride I have in my heart for these two amazing spirits just about brings me to tears. I love to look at them while sleeping and think about how blessed I am to be their mother.

1 comment:

LL said...

Lisette. This was SO sweet. I'm glad you had a nice day...Mothers day and birthday! You deserve it! You're a mother to SO MANY children, each Sunday. I feel blessed to learn from you.
Happy Birthday!
and CUTE PICTURE!!!