I am so grateful to be able to volunteer at the kids school. Yesterday I was outside for the mileage club for an hour and a half. The kids go around a designated area (walking, running skipping and sometimes rolling) whichever way they are so inspired to go. Each lap I give them a hole punch in their card. After 20 punches they have gone one mile and receive a toe token (really a foot) to put on their necklaces. They really love it and I do too! Not only are the kids getting exercise, but I have the excuse to be outside for 1 and 1/2 hours and not feel guilty about not getting anything done! As I sat outside in between recesses I was able to sit an think about how beautiful Spring is. I just love this time of year (despite all of my allergies). It is so alive outside even when you are sitting quietly. The bugs roaming, the birds chirping and then when the kids come running out the dull roar of sweet little voices. I love it when A & A run up to me and are so happy for me to be there with them. I really treasure this time! It truly is the little things in life that bring us so much joy!
I was telling a friend this morning about all of the dandelions along my driveway. I said at least they are yellow and pretty especially when you have so many clumped together. She said that her girls would be so jealous! They go for walks and pick them along the way. Just another example of little things...
5 comments:
LOVE that you're blogging! Now our presidency really IS complete! :)
We have a children's book that glorifies spreading dandelion seed, Jared aways make fun of it as a weed promoting book, but the girls always talk about it when we are out! In their eyes, with fists full of them, (all squished and yellow,)there is nothing better!
Glad you are blogging!
if I didn't have dandelions- my kids couldn't show their mother love by picking the flowers for me!!
I can't believe you are blogging! You gave in - oh noooooooo!!! :) Scott wanted me to tell you that he is doing his best to eradicate the dandelion population in Northern Colorado so you can have more.
Love ya !
Mol
Happy Mother's Day Set!!!
Love you!
Mol
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Post a Comment