Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Convenience vs. environment

I finally remembered to bring my Trader Joe's grocery bags into Walmart today. I felt so good only using a few of those darn plastic bags that I just throw away! I know it is just a little thing, but I felt good helping the environment. This is where our children (and grandchildren one day...)live and play. So albeit small, I am trying a bit more each day to be conscious of the things that I do that will affect the future both physically and spiritually. Now all I have to do is get rid of that case of water bottles in the back of my car. That's a toughie! Convenience vs. environment. I hope the latter wins!

Best: Remembering my bags!
Worst: getting up early
1. Alexander earnestly saying "Thank you Mom."
2. Alyssa being so excited to wear her new shoes to school
3. My sister being such a great friend and gardener

2 comments:

Cathy said...

I just got some of those bags from Stop & Shop. Free on Earth Day. I LOVE THEM! They also hold so much more than the plastic which means, fewer trips up and down the stairs after shopping.

Jamie said...

so this comment is not about this post but what a cute picture of your little guys. You look just the same as you did then--how does that work.