A couple of amazing things have been seen in the Trueman household today. One by chance and the other on purpose. First the really amazing one! I looked out the window around 12 or so and saw part of a rainbow so I ventured outside to see the entire thing and much to my amazement it went in a full circle all the way around the sun! I have seen double rainbow, vibrant rainbows, etc... but never one in a full circle and around the sun. It was quite blinding. Paul had trouble taking the pictures, but they came out and you can see how cool it was. I called a friend about 20 minutes away and she could see it. I wonder how far away from us it could be seen?
Okay so the other event was not quite as amazing but my children were ecstatic! I made huge cinnamon rolls! This was the first time I have actually made them myself. I was supposed to cut them into 64 and fell way short of that goal with 37 hence the big fat mamas! The kids said that they tasted even better than IKEA's. (Thanks for the recipe Leslie G.) Although the ones on the lower shelf got a bit burned on the bottom. Now please tell me why they put a lower shelf in the oven if it won't cook food properly?! I am sooo full of rolls I don't think I will eat one for a long while! At least not until tomorrow!
4 comments:
I just love Google! Here is what I found out after I published my post. The halos (or, sometimes known as "sundogs" around the sun) are usually seen when there are high clouds overhead. Those clouds are made of tiny ice crystals, which will refract the sunlight much like a prism will. And voila! You have a rainbow halo around the sun.
NICE BUNS LADY!!!
I'm impressed with the rolls, I need to try Leslies recipe.
so cool- my boys would have loved seeing that
wtg on the rolls- did you bake both pans at once? I do each pan individually always in metal pans - on the 2/3rds of the way down rack
Thanks for that heads up! I watched it all day!
Beautiful rolls! Wish i lived next door.
Post a Comment