My friend Smart mama challenged us to a Valentine's Day Smack down "Which means everyday from the first through the 14th of February you do something nice, something extra for your spouse, your kids, or your friends- or all of them. It's about personalizing our lives and putting more effort into the thing that matters most -- relationships." quoted directly from Smart mama
I must say I was on the fence while reading it because as soon as I think of Valentine's day I think of cheesy trite expressions of "love" which I would appreciate any other day of the year rather than the obligatory day. But tonight as I went up to get ready for bed I saw a note on my bed that said Mom I love, love, love, love, love.....you with my pajamas nicely laid out underneath. Alyssa even put my sweat jacket under my PJ's (I wear this around the house on top of my PJ's since it is so darn cold!) I have to say it made my heart really happy! I felt so totally loved by this simple little gesture of kindness. It definitely made me want to jump on the bandwagon of showing love for 14 days to those I love the most! Stay tuned for pictures, thoughts, and notes of how it all went down.
1. Serving others
2. Pumpkin chocolate chip muffins
3. A kind gesture from Lissy
5 comments:
So sweet! I love those "little" gestures. Sometimes they mean the most.
Alyssa is so thoughtful...I really like this "smack down" too. Sometimes we get too busy to show our loved ones that we care, this is a great reminder to to that.
Such cute kids! I love the picture!
glad you're in!!
Oh, that is so cute! You must have felt so great and lept with joy inside. What a proud mother moment. Kinda makes any negative moments vanish and go unforgotten for a while :-)
Post a Comment