Friday, January 23, 2009

Lesson learned


As we were driving to Scouts and Activity Days the other night

Alyssa says, "Mom one time during the summer while Daddy was making dinner he stopped making dinner and drew me a picture."

Mom "How did that make you feel?"

Alyssa "REALLY SPECIAL!"

Mom "That's because you are special and Mommy and Daddy love you so much!"

This is where the internal guilt kicks in...Would I stop making dinner to draw a picture? Hmmm...probably not. Did it make a huge impression in her life? Evidently it really did for her to remember that. Okay lesson learned...take time out to do something for your kids even when it is NOT convenient.

4 comments:

Smilin' sunshine said...

That is definately something I need to do more of!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the reminder..I need to be better at this!

Marcy said...

Great story and I love the picture too. So cute!!

Swimmingmom said...

Good reminder. How great that that little moment meant so much to her.