Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Humble

I was just speaking with one of my friends whom I was supposed to visit today, but thanks to this lovely weather- snow, ice, rain, ice.... I figured a phone call was going to have to suffice this month.
While visiting we were talking about different trials and difficulties and she said something that I really loved! A few months ago a wise man told her:
"It is much easier to be humble than be humbled!"
Love it love it love it! How true is this in life? What a great thought for the day and for life! One more reason to do your visiting teaching- so you can be taught also!

1. snow day
2. DEAR time (Drop Everything And Read)
3. which lead to nap time! :-)

3 comments:

Marcy said...

GREAT quote and thanks for the VT plug!!

Anonymous said...

You are an awesome visiting teacher..Thanks for all you do!!

Swimmingmom said...

That is a great quote. I feel like I've heard that one recently. So true though! Glad you were able to "visit" via the phone at least.