Whoever said that having a big butt is a bad thing is wrong! Let me take you back a few hours earlier in my day... This morning when I went down into the basement to run on the treadmill I discovered the light on in the garage and door leading into the basement wide open along with all of the cold air. Thankfully the garage doors were shut. So I shut it really hard and went up to tell the kids to be more careful since they were the last ones down there to get something out of my car. The apologized and we all forgot about it.
I took them to school around 10:25 due to a delay from snow and ice. I brought my camera along so I could take pictures of the beautiful coated trees with an undercoating of ice. I am meandering my way up the driveway in my car stopping to take pictures along the way. Thinking this year I am going to embrace winter, be happy and make the most of it. Then I pull into my garage, get out of my car and find that the door leading into the basement is locked! Okay no problem I think to myself after the big ice storm I remember Paul and I talking about the need for keys if we can't get in through the garage doors. NO PROBLEM I say! I have keys right here in my car...which I at that time proceeded to take out and make sure they work in various doors. I went upstairs to check the front door with the key and well the rest is history....and needless to say I never put the key back into my car.
SO I call Paul in Vegas ask him what I should do...Put Paul's boots on since I only have slippers and trudge through the snow and try to shimmy the slider door open. With no success there I proceed to the front door thinking maybe one of the kids didn't lock it after they let Thurston back in. NO SUCH LUCK! So I proceed back to the slider to see if I can do it now...NOPE!
Alright I am just going to use my BIG BUTT to bust open the door into the basement. The builder never did a spectacular job at finishing this door and it always comes open if you don't push it closed hard. Case in point above! One big shove with my big backside and there you go! I AM IN!
I proceed straight to where I think the keys ended up, find them, check that they work and have them in my pocket for when I go down to my car in 5 minutes. The trick is to not get distracted once I get into the car!
1. A big backside
2. Doing all of the above without whining to my husband
3. Patience
8 comments:
This is SOOO funny! It's been quite awhile since I locked myself out of the house but this brings back so many memories.
I like to think it's the sheer force of your wonder woman strength that broke through that door!
I LOVE IT!!!! I knew my back side was good for something! :)
That is hilarious! I thought the way the story was going that you fell on the ice. I'm glad you are fine and got in your house safely!
That is one of the funniest things I have heard in a while!
Big butts are good for something!
You really crack me up. I would have been on the phone crying to Richard about what the heck I was going to do. I love your solution. That's using your noggin oh I mean "backside"
What a riot! Uggh, I do things like that all the time. I had to crawl in my kitchen window this summer. Supposedly it was "locked" but I managed to get it open anyways. Glad you are in and ok now!
i like big butts and I cannot lie...
or shall we sing Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin world go round.
:)
Way to go, what to use your booty!
Hey I have one of those too but I haven't found mine to be very useful yet. I'll have to work on that.
Post a Comment