Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful for the dentist?!


Alyssa with her canine teeth

Today I am thankful for a kind and gentle dentist. Poor Alyssa had to have 2 teeth extracted today. There just isn't enough room in her mouth for the new teeth to grow in. She was an amazing trooper and was so BRAVE. This was her first experience with novocaine and she kept saying prior to the extractions, "my mouth feels puffy!" Now she just says her mouth feels a bit of pain, but the worst part is the blood taste in her mouth since it starts bleeding easily. Poor little love. It was tough watching her go through this. Thankfully the dentist was so kind and gentle with her it helped to ease her (and my) nerves!

After with gauze in her mouth

A few hours later... I hope tomorrow is a better day!

2 comments:

LL said...

what a TROOPER!!!!

Marcy said...

Glad it went well!! She even let you take pictures. (There is no way Hayden would have let me, so I didn't even ask!!)