Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunday walks


Today I am thankful for walks, specifically Sunday afternoon ones. This tradition started somewhere back in my teenage years when my mom and I would go for walks after church. We always enjoyed strolling along and saying which houses we liked and what we would change about the house or not. It was always a great way to spend the afternoon together.

A few weeks ago when my mom was up for the weekend before she left on Sunday afternoon we had to take a nice long walk.

I am so glad that my children enjoy this tradition with us as much as I did with my mom. If you ask A & A what their favorite part of our vacation to Turks and Caicos they will tell you the evening walks that we took on the beach.

This afternoon we spent walking along a trail in Millbury- Paul, Alyssa, Xander, Lola and myself- strolling along in amazing 68 degree weather. I love spending time outside enjoying all the beauty around us, getting fresh air, exercise and MOST of all just being together. It is such a nice way to get closer and discuss whatever comes to mind. No matter what season or weather- snow walks, nature walks, walks in the rain, warm sunshine walks, walks on the beach, at the track, in the forest...these bonding walks will forever hold a special place in my heart.

2 comments:

LL said...

you're GOOD! McKay asks me every Sunday if we can go for a family walk.
We did it for a few weeks in the Spring and we all loved it. Yesterday would have been perfect, I wish we would have gotten out.
What a nice tradition and memory for your family.

Smilin' sunshine said...

Beautiful picture!

I am surprised that you have the energy to go for a walk after your Sundays at church!