This morning as I was once again listening to the kids complain a thought came into my head to put a no complaining ban into effect! Xander has been sick for the past 4 days and has gotten into the habit of complaining about a lot of things. So the new rule in our home is if you complain or say something negative you have to turn that around and come up with a positive spin. When Xander said his backpack was so heavy due to all of his books that he had to make up work in I said, "at least you are strong so that you can carry it easily!" And Alyssa came up with, "at least you have a backpack and don't have to carry it all in your arms and drop it."I hope this helps all of us to appreciate all of the positive things in our life. If you look hard enough even the negatives have something positive in them too! Today I am grateful for the ability to look on the bright side and find all of the positive things in our life!
3 comments:
I love it!! what a great way to stop complaining and look at the bright side!!
My mom and I call that being a "Pollyanna", (from the Disney movie). She was always so positive and is a great example to follow.
Good idea!!
Great idea! Sadly, it would be me, as much as the kids, that would be complaining!
Post a Comment