Xander had an ortho appointment this afternoon. We thought they were going to mold his teeth to get ready for his retainer, but they are going to hold off since he has to loose 2 more teeth. He was a bit bummed. He is strangely excited about getting his retainer. (He also had his first filling on Monday this week and said it was very relaxing. Whose child is this?! He certainly doesn't get that from his ball of nerves at the dentist Mom!)
Just before Dr. Greg came in I was looking at Alyssa's top front teeth and the fact that one is almost sticking straight out. I asked her to tip her head back so I could see. To my surprise BOTH of her top permanent teeth are poking in- BEHIND her baby teeth. Well I'm not a dentist, but this seemed wrong to me! So I asked Dr. Greg if he would mind taking a look. He recommended that if she works really hard on the one that is loosest it should come out within the next day or so. The other may have to be extracted by the dentist. (I won't go into the fact that we have seen this dentist 2x in the past 3 weeks and nothing was ever talked about with these front teeth. Hmmm? Not sure if I am happy with that!)
Well that is all the wiggle motivation it took for my NON WIGGLING teeth girl. It only took 1.5 hours from the Ortho's office to removal- on her part- of the first tooth. We have an appointment on Tuesday morning to extract the other. She has 4 days of working hard! My bet is on Alyssa. OCD is working in our favor here!
1. great orthodontists
2. warm sunny day
3. toothless grins
4. Paul being home late tonight! He has only been home for 1 day in the 7!
2 comments:
HOORAY!!! wiggle wiggle wiggle~nothing worse than the double layer of teeth.
My favorite is when ALL the baby teeth are GONE! I hate the wiggling and pulling out and bleeding and everything that goes along with it! Not a fan of the dentist either!
Post a Comment