Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Unexpected productivity!

This afternoon the kids convinced me to take them home after field day. I told them they weren't allowed to watch TV until after "regular" school dismissal time. I really thought I would regret taking them early, but to my surprise we had a very productive afternoon! After eating lunch and then going outside for "recess" for 20 minutes the progress began! First we sorted the stuff on their shelves and closets into KEEP, NURSERY or TRASH piles. It was so nice to get everything sorted out. At the end I also went through their clothes and made piles to be donated/ given away. Purge baby PURGE! Good riddance!

Amongst their sorting they decided to make a basket of things they are going to give Phineas (our future puppy). They also found clothes to dress the poor little guy up in. The sad thing is that he won't even be born until mid August and we have to wait 7-8 weeks AFTER that! It feels like forever. Well I had to wait forever for Alyssa and Alexander I guess it is fitting to have to wait for Phineas too!


1. field day fun
2. unexpected productivity
3. the sun coming out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so cute how excited the kids are waiting for their new puppy!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

What kind of puppy are you getting?

I love productive days, we got none of that going on over here. It sounds to me that I need you to come over here!

Trueman twins said...

We're getting a white lab. :-)

LL said...

love love love those moments!
i need a few of those...

Christy said...

Maybe if you eat some Chinese food he will come earlier! I ove the expectant little mother and father roles of A&A.