Last night the kids and I did a quick family home evening lesson together. I must admit that I am pretty bad about FHE. We read our scriptures most every night, but fall short in the FHE area. I am so glad that we did it because this morning the kids asked if every Tuesday night we could have family home evening? And they said what a great time they had! It was mostly due to the game that we played at the end-Fruit Basket Upset- which is very hard to play with 3 people,
but we made it work!
The lesson was on Individual worth and likened different fruits to different people. Just because one is different doesn't make it any less important in the eyes of God.
In the story part of the lesson it spoke of a father giving advice to his son, "Young man, I want you to realize that this world is divided into two great groups—
you, and the rest of the world."
"Regardless of what the rest of the world does,
"Regardless of what the rest of the world does,
it cannot save you;
and regardless of what the world does,
it cannot destroy you.
It is what you do
yourself
that determines what is going to happen,
whether you are going to be loved and respected and happy and successful while you are living here, and whether or not you are going to meet your Heavenly Father the way you would like to meet him."
As I was pondering over this today and how it fits into the political scheme of things I still remain optimistic about the future. I am grateful for the many opportunities I have each day to make the world a better place...loving my family, saying kind words, having family home evening...The world cannot save me or destroy me I am the only one who determines that!
2 comments:
I LOVED this....so well said!
Great thought!
Ah fruit basket...I haven't played that since we lived in MA.
Post a Comment