Saturday, November 15, 2008

Soggy Service Project

Alexander is just loving being a Cub Scout! He has been working hard on earning his badges. This afternoon the Cub Scouts had a Soggy Service Project.
The soggy part wasn't intended although the invitation did say "Rain or Shine" and it was definitely rain! I have to admit I was less than enthused about the wet weather but who was I to complain? I wasn't the one getting rained on (well... for a bit at the end). The kids had a fun time raking leaves for one of the ward members. I think the rain is actually what will make this event even more memorable! When Alyssa and I returned from our grocery shopping we counted 18 bags out front and many more in the back. There were many piles of leaves that didn't get a chance to get bagged in the backyard due to time limitations and pouring down rain at the end!
We picked up some cookies while shopping and shared it with the Scouts at the end. Although I must say I was totally grossed out at the fact that they were
touching the cookies with their FILTHY DIRTY hands! Grant was the only man after my own heart who took the two cookies into his mouth and wouldn't touch them with his hands.
On the way home Xander said, "This is the most fun I have had in a long time!" I am so grateful for the Scouts program and the leaders who work so hard to help the boys serve others and become better young men!

The Motley Crew

Collin, Joshua and Xander








3 comments:

LL said...

thank you for taking pictures and telling the story. of course, my two didn't come home with details.
I'm laughing at Grant, that kids is a little neurotic! seriously.

Shauna said...

Aren't boys great :)

Swimmingmom said...

Good for you for taking pics! Wow, there certainly were a lot of leaves in that yard!