
As I was meandering my way through the back country road to the grocery store I was appreciating how there are still beautiful Fall leaves on the trees, the yellow and burnt orange are a nice contrast and that I am glad it is only just barely November.
Then I pull up to the store and outside is the Salvation army guy with the red bucket and ringing bell. "WOW," I say to him, "You're early aren't you?" " Nope the first of November for the past 5 years that I have done this."
I go into the store and what do I hear piping through the speakers? Christmas music! Hey I love Christmas music I always start playing it the DAY AFTER THANKSGIVING! As I go up and down the aisles my eyes are bombarded with clearance Halloween, Thanksgiving baking items and tons of Christmas things.
Mind you I am not bah humbugging I am merely asking why we have to rush through everything just to get to the next thing? Do we stop and enjoy the journey? Do we take time to seal the small moments in time? Or are we just getting from one thing to the next barely coming up for air in between? That is the way October felt for me. I had 4 major things strewn out throughout the month and I felt like I was just wishing to get to the next thing and not enjoying the moments in between.
So today I am appreciating the Fall leaves, that it is still AUTUMN and especially the fact that I have about 8 weeks left until Christmas! Because I am SO not ready!
4 comments:
I really like the saying on the bottom of the bucket..reminds me of the good- better- best talk.
Enjoying the moment is really the BEST attitude..I needed that reminder.
THANKS
I am so not ready either..My mother in law bought a Christmas tree this past weekend..It is way to early to start thinking about Christmas and Tiffany has alreasy started talking about santa. Santa should still be on vaction in Bermuda until at least the middle of December!
Of all the seasons to rush through lets not rush through Thanksgiving. I love the stay at home feelings that come with November. I want to curl up with a book and hot chocolate and just enjoy the change in weather.
Don't you think enjoying the moment is something we keep learning over and over again as we see how it applies to different aspects of our lives?
I went to Wal-mart today and had those exact same thoughts. I want to just enjoy fall and Giving Thanks! I haven't even thought about Christmas!
Post a Comment