Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Order

I hate it when everywhere you look around the house something needs to be done! I have been sick for the last few days (again...) and yesterday only did laundry and read on the couch. It was hard for me to make myself stay put but I knew I needed to rest so I could feel up to par for Thanksgiving. Then today I look around and WHAM a pile here a pile there, clothes and books on the stairs, blankets on the couch from last night, dishes in the sink after our daily vitamin dinner last night, shoes in the living room and a BIG pile of stuff to be sorted in the kitchen. Thankfully it only took a while to get things back to where they belong-well for the most part that is. It is hard for me to thrive in chaos for too long! Order makes me feel calm and peaceful. As for the others in our home they are (somewhat) happy to help me when reminded.

1. a clean kitchen
2. small piles
3. happy helpers

3 comments:

Christy said...

the RS theme this month is my house is a house of order...way to stay in tune! Glad you had helpers...forced or not.

Leah said...

I know exactly how it feels when it comes to order! You're a good example and remind me to do my best.

Jamie said...

I'm with you on this one. Cleanliness seriously makes me feel so happy. Sometimes I have to listen to my ipod to energize myself when the cleaning is particularly overwhelming.