Sunday, November 23, 2008

I will give you rest

Come unto me, all ye that are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11: 28-30
The Bishop quoted these verses from Matthew today in church. It made me think of a conversation that I was having last night with two of my girlfriends. We were discussing the trials and tribulations in our lives- present day and past. While none of our trials were the same we all could have empathy for one another because we all know how it feels to be so overwhelmed by our problems and feel the weight of the world on our shoulders. Thankfully there is complete understanding and love by our Savior and He truly is willing to help make our burdens light if only we turn to Him.

3 comments:

LL said...

i do love this scripture. I enjoyed all the talks today, the Bishop wrapped it all up so well!

Anonymous said...

That is actually a scripture mastery this year and it is a great scripture. You guys did a fantastic job on the primary activity. we used it as part of FHE this week. Thanks for all you do!

Swimmingmom said...

What a beautiflly written post. I really loved all the talks too. It was especially nice as my parents were visiting too.