Sunday, March 7, 2010

Pinewood derby


This year for the pinewood derby Alyssa decided she wanted to make a butter car. So with Paul's creative help they make a great looking butter mobile.


Xander wanted something sleek and fast looking. I dubbed it the silver bullet.

His car came in 4th place but he won the Sportman's ship award for clapping and cheering everyone on.

This is his serious loot that he received for the award. Way to go Xander. Of course in true sportsman ship manner he shared with all of us.

He also did a great job earning belt loops. He got 6 that night to make 11 total!

We had a fun night and my favorite part was seeing the kids have a great time. Oh and I have to rave about all of the wonderful desserts my friend Laura made. I am so grateful for people who work so hard to ensure that the kids have a great time and adults have yummy dessert!

2 comments:

LL said...

the BUTTER car belonged to you guys? HA!
Such a great looking car, but BUTTER??? I know how you feel about butter ;-)

Marcy said...

That butter car is quite ironic!! So very cute though!!