Thursday, March 25, 2010

COMPLETION

Do you know the first thing I did on my ALL DONE deck? Well after I swept it...


This!

This is the moment I've been waiting for all week!

To be able to sit on my deck and read.

I can't wait for Paul to get home tomorrow and see it in person. He has been gone since Tuesday morning and so much has changed!


The reason why some of the colors are different is because we salvaged what we could from the old deck.


I was proud of myself. This morning when I got back from our run the guys were starting to hang the gates. Well the gates were about a FOOT taller than the railing and it looked really dumb! I went out and asked if they had to be that tall for some reason, maybe code? No they were just that high. Okay I said I guess I'll get used to it. A few minutes later there is a knock on the slider and Scott admits that he doesn't like it either so he is going to the metal fabricator and have him cut it down so that it will be level. $60 dollars later I am so much happier! Money well spent!


The kids love it. They say it looks like a hotel deck. They are too funny!

It gets Lola's stamp of approval too. Although she wishes I'd take down the Lola (baby) gate and let her romp in the mud!


1. Progress

2. my lounge chair and I getting reacquainted

3. COMPLETION

2 comments:

ellen said...

when's the BBQ???

Jamie said...

Wow, it looks awesome! I love how you're laying out on a deck chair in a long sleeve shirt and jeans.