I found this old scrap of paper that I had written down what the kids said verbatim. We were working on a Father's day project way back in June 2004 when the kids were only 3 1/2. . I asked them what type of superhero their dad is. I love the toddler talk and incorrect grammar. It warms my heart to read this and I wanted to save it forever before it gets destroyed.
Alyssa's words:
A horsey. A circle horsey. Okay I did enough. A blue horsey and a pink horsey. The horsey run away, but he didn't run away. He got lost and the ticks bite him. Jesus pulled the horsey out and He ride him. A doggie helped her. He went in the scary dark and it was trying to snow and Jesus pulled her out of the snow.. A horsey pulled Daddy out of the woods. Daddy would fly out to the woods. I'm gonna name him Superhero. He's gonna be batman and he's gonna be a boy. He change his costume. A horsey costume. He had his horsey mask on, he's all horsey. He went home to dinner and the kids change their ideas. He got a cow costume, pig, sheep, rooster- every costume that he wants to be. He ride a cow, horsey. He wrestles with me and I be a horsey and knock him over. I be a big horsey! I have some "heins" (reins) on and he ride me. My mommy got my carrots. I love him and mom loves me and Thurston love me and Za loves me.
Xander's words:
If Daddy were a superhero he would be Superman! Cause him fly. Me gonna be Superman soon! Hey, me can be a Little Superman. Daddy's like Superman because him's super! My favorite thing to do with Daddy is wrestle. Me like him. Daddy's ketchup man and I'm blue power ranger. Me love him. I like him cause him me's Dad.
It is interesting to see what things scared Alyssa- ticks, woods and the dark and how even back then she knew that Jesus would help. I love how Xander wanted to be just like him's dad and how he still LOVES to do thing with his dad. Just now they are building Lego's together in the other room and Xander said, "I love building with you because you have great ideas!"
1. a snow day to get caught up
2. a clean desk
3. memories not forgotten
3 comments:
so cute!!! Isn't it funny how you think you'll never forget the funny things they say.
Thank goodness for journaling :)
SO CUTE.
They're so cute when they're little. I guess since I'm still in the little stage I better enjoy it.
Ok that is the most adorable thing I've read in a long time! I love "him's super!"
Great recording!
Post a Comment