
Today Xander and his friends got together to go roller skating. This was Xander's first time EVER on roller skates! He made me promise not to take pictures or video. I almost peed my pants laughing so hard with tears streaming down my face at the trip and falls and SPLITS that accompanied this learning. I wasn't necessarily laughing at him I was also remembering my learning how to skate and how many falls it took to get it right! He wanted to give up at first, but thankfully his friends encouraged him on and his "sticktoittiveness" and desire to get it right lead him forward and sometimes to his knees, but he persevered and GOT IT in the end!
Oh that was a great giggle, cry and trip down memory lane! I can still remember Friday nights at "Skateland" as a teenager. The wind whipping through my feathered hair as I went around in circles as fast as I could in SKIN TIGHT jeans. The boys, the loud music, the friends, the songs dedicated, the hopes that I would get picked for boys choice, backwards, slow dance, couples only...so many memories both happy and embarrassing. It was fun to revisit those feelings today at the rink, but I am SO glad I am not a teenager again!
1. great friends to create memories with
2. Alyssa having a fun play date too
3. All of Christmas put away and GONE until next year...
3 comments:
tell me they did the hokey pokey!
:)
You betcha! But the boys wouldn't do it.
They were missing out not doing the hokey pokey! It's the best!
Post a Comment