Friday, January 22, 2010

Rockin' report cards!



The kids both rocked their report cards!
Xander was so excited to show his to me as soon as he saw me at school. He only got 2 B's and the rest A's. What an awesome job! Alyssa waited to show me hers when we got to the car. She got straight A's! Wow- I am so proud of both of them and the improvements they have made.

Xander was so upset and his bubble burst when he heard about her straight A's. I felt bad for him feeling bad. He is so much more competitive than her- especially with her. I told him how proud I am of both of them and their accomplishments and we should be happy for one another too. I know this will come with maturity and it is tough sometimes. That is why I have always wanted them in separate classes since kindergarten- so they can have their own successes and failures without the other one there to witness.

What do you do to encourage your child to be happy about the others success?

Thankfully the anger has passed and now we can focus on fun and celebrating tonight by going out to dinner! Not quite as fancy as the last report card celebration. We are paying for it this time so Chili's here we come!

1. errands with my hubby
2. kids who want to do well
3. no dishes for me tonight!

1 comment:

Steven C. said...

To quote one of the Smother's Brothers: "Mom always did like you better..."

Congrats to both!