Friday, October 3, 2008

8 is GREAT!



As you can see by the huge smiles on Alyssa and Alexander's face 8 really is great! They are so excited for today to finally be here! Really the countdown began about a month or so ago.

This morning started off around 6:15 with us telling the kids to give us a few more minutes of sleep. At 6:45 they were bouncing on the bed and eager with anticipation to open their presents! After a frenzy and flurry of tissue paper strewn all over the place the gifts were opened and ready to be played with. Much to their dismay showers and getting ready came first. But for once they did not fight us, argue with one another or dawdle! They were done in record time and ready to play. Alexander got a set of Bakugon things- these little magnetic balls that open up into a figure and Alyssa got a basket of art supplies. She HAD to start a picture this morning.

Thankfully we were all in agreement that the new skateboards could be ridden later in the day after school! Too much paraphernalia to put on to lessen the "breakage potential" and trips to the ER. Oh boy!

After dropping them off at school I kept thinking back to the day they were born and how very grateful I am to be their mother. They truly bring the greatest joy into my life! I am so proud of them and their accomplishments, progress in learning and kindness towards others. They really are great! Happy birthday my sweet little (okay a bit bigger now) loves!


With Granddad Andy 8 years ago!

4 comments:

LL said...

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday! Hope you guys have a FUN day planned. Do you guys get TWO pieces of cake?
I can only imagine the memories of this day 8 yrs ago...I would LOVE to hear more about that day.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUYS!!!

Leah said...

Yay! Happy Birthday!

smart mama said...

yay- happy b day- The big 8

Christy said...

Look at those little BABIES! What a armful of fun. I love watching all their new life steps! Happy b-day