Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Oh my a dragonfly!




This year we have had really colorful dragonflies hanging around our home. Dragonflies are the one insect that I am happy to see and hold. Their bright colors and beautiful wings always bring a smile to my face. The kids brought the most enormous one yet to show me the other day! I couldn't believe the size of it. It looks almost prehistoric in comparison to the others. We have had great luck with holding our arms out with a pointed finger and the dragonflies landing and having a little visit with us. The kids learned this at nature camp a few summers back. Try it! It really works.

Xander when he was 6 testing out the pointer theory.

Past encounters with our dragonfly friends

3 comments:

LL said...

SUCH great pictures. I didn't knwo they would let you hold them.
Very cool.

Christy said...

Wow, those look like the plastic toys we have around here to represent outdoor creatures, that mom doesn't want to touch! My kids will be jealous!

Jamie said...

that is one HUGE dragonfly. Thanks for the finger trick. We'll have to try that one.