Tonight I am thankful for fresh vegetables from our garden. This is the first year I have ever had a garden. Albeit small with carrots, jalapenos, green chilies and tomatoes, but a garden none the less. We have waited patiently for our tomatoes to ripen and finally for the last two weeks we have had fresh, delicious and home grown tomatoes to eat.
For dinner we decided to have omelets with some of our fresh veggies. We sauteed onions, green chilies, and jalapenos topped with what else? Ripe red tomatoes bursting with flavor. Paul was going to put in jalapenos from the jar and I threw what he diced away and asked him to go out and pick a fresh one! Mmmm... it was delicious but what made it even better is that WE GREW IT! Xander even tried a bit of the green chilies. He didn't like it, but he tried. I love to be able to go outside and get veggies fresh and free!
3 comments:
What a great picture! We're enjoying a few veggies from our garden also. It's not producing as much as we had hoped or planned but it's a start and what we have had is delish!
Beautiful! No matter the size, a garden is garden! I'm quite jealous because you've had some great success! Can't wait to see what you do next year.
yea! I am so glad our day of planting came to 'fruition" hehe
Post a Comment