Thursday, September 11, 2008

Just making an observation

Tonight at the kids school was meet the teacher night. It was fun to go and see "their world" that they spend more time in during the week then with me. Alexander's room is warm and inviting. His teacher has been teaching for 23 years and she is so kinds and loving. You walk in and right away feel embraced and Alyssa's room is well...stark by comparison with very few items up on the walls. Although one wall is devoted to the Red Sox. Go Sox! I find it ironic that her teacher is the only male teacher in the school and his room is pink-just like this font.

That got me thinking about the differences between men and women. Paul said at the father son camp out that the men were so proud of themselves for having only one table with the food on it. They said if the women were there it would have multiple tables with many stations to go to. Hey! So what's so wrong with that?

Back at the pinewood derby a friend and I were discussing how differently we would have done it as women, but for what? To break our backs and go overboard when the basics were met and the kids had a great time. I do feel that on occasion I may go a little over the top on things, but that is half the fun! Having a theme and going with it!

Can Alyssa learn just as well in her classroom without nurturing pictures on the walls? Yes she can. Her teacher is awesome and puts the time into the education not the environment. It is just so interesting how different the male verses female ways of doing things are. Really I am not criticizing just making an observation!

1 comment:

Christy said...

I totally agree! My ways are not always the only ways..(right?) Jared adds so much in raising the girls that I would never even think of..or I would make too big a deal out of.
Thank goodness for a well balanced world...from a woman who NEVER goes over the top!