

On Saturday afternoon we met up with Christy and Jared for an evening of fun! Since we were going out to celebrate Christy's upcoming birthday I told her to pick the event and location for dinner. She came up with 9 holes of golf and a steak house. I reminded her that it has been before the kids came along that I have golfed and that was only a small par 3. But I was game to go along with the plan. I would be the entertainment for the evening. Even when they were all figuring out whose hand me down golf clubs I would use and the fact that I didn't have golf shoes and wore tennis shoes (hey at least they were new cute Nike's brown and copper with a blue swoosh) I still kept my spirits high and said that I would be the orphan step child of the group. :-) Hey if you can't laugh at yourself who can you laugh at?
So believe it or not I didn't do so bad at first. I had a few really good shots. We decided to play couples best ball so whomever shot the best ball for that couple the other would take their ball and place it next to theirs and shoot from there. Otherwise it would have taken FOREVER! The men have so much more strength than us! Once my ball did go OuT of the course and bounced across the street! I even stopped traffic! We even used a couple of my shots- okay so Paul had some really bad ones and mine were used by default! No I actually won some fair and square. Towards the end my swing was not the best and I had to swing multiple times to just hit the dang thing! But what a great time we had! It was calm and peaceful on the course (well except when the men were driving the golf carts and we had to hang on for dear life! I swear it was like Mr. Toads wild ride. I had to brace myself with my foot and hold onto the bar on the side for fear of flying off!) beautiful surrounding, a night out with my hubby and great friends! All said and done the score was 45 to 50 in their favor. Hey not so bad for a first time golfer!
We decided that we must do it again before the long cold winter is upon us and that terrible white stuff is covering the ground for months and months.
2 comments:
Looks really fun. That's one of the things I miss most about MA--hanging out with good friends.
Oh Lisette! You are so good to laugh at yourself! There were some really good shots of yours to be proud of though! Glad my own horrible shots were not highlighted. Next time YOU drive the cart!
Post a Comment