Paul really wanted to take the kids to Six Flags this afternoon. We got 2 free tickets a few months back and just needed to purchase 2 more. The problem was that I didn't want to go! We did housework all morning, Xander had a soccer game and I was tired and just wanted to veg. (Later in the evening I discover it to be due to the fact that I am sick.) But I really vacillated about whether I should go or not.
YES, NO, yEs, nO! Should I stay or should I go? Back and forth in my head like a PiNg pOnG!
Paul found it quite amusing since he could almost see the struggle within my head. The obligatory family outing that I must attend or be a lousy mom. In the end I stuck to my guns because I knew that they would have a great time with their dad! Paul was happy to go it alone and I was happy to be at home. I started a painting, watched all of the morning session of conference, (WOW was that great! So inspiring.) took a nap, woke up sick, ate dinner, watched a movie, and now time to blog. All in all a pleasant evening to be had by all! I called after dinner and they were having a blast. I felt a tiny pang of remorse, but even greater the feeling that I made the right choice and that they are having a great with Dad!
2 comments:
you described my brain perfectly. Well not always but some decisions are a struggle. I'm with you on the guilt thing--that's my only reason for saying yes sometimes. Nice to have time alone and especially when the husbands are happy. How nice having a quiet conference session too. I want to see the beginnings of your painting--maybe it will inspire me in mine.
I am gad you went with the stay home decision! I sounds like it was so much more beneficial to YOU, while the kids still benefited with a daddy day. We cause ourselves too much stress trying to do the right thing all the time! I think an actual game of ping pong would be pretty therapeutic. Well, I'd probably lose, so ...Just the sounds!
Post a Comment