
When I was leaving school today I saw Alyssa's teacher and he told me how great she is doing. He said that she is the top in her class, has shown the biggest improvement and puts forth 100% effort towards everything she does. He wishes that every child in his class could be like her. WOW! Did my heart ever swell after he told me these things.

The other night at Alyssa's soccer game she scored 2 goals. She worked really hard with her teammates and was certain to give them credit for playing hard and assisting in the goals. This is what her coach said in an email he sent to me-
"Alyssa had a great game both on offense and defense. That one goal was truly an amazing kick. What I liked best was when she came over to the sidelines she was all excited about scoring but was giving credit to her team mate for helping her out.Not everyone can see that - thought you'd be proud to know."

So after all of these great moments and compliments this week it was really nice to be able to have some girl time with Alyssa. Today after Alyssa's doctor appointment we had some extra time so on the spur of the moment I decided to stop at a park that we always pass on the way there and back. It was really nice to walk on the different bridges, take pictures, see the geese and mostly to spend time with Alyssa.

After that we met friends for dinner and went to see Lora Evans in Willy Wonka and the chocolate factory. It was such a fun girls day and evening. I really treasure these times I get to spend alone with Alyssa since she is growing up so fast.

We are continuing our girl time tonight with a slumber party. She is fast asleep in my bed since the boys are both out for the night.

1. having a daughter
2. being a mom
3. quality time with my girl
3 comments:
Way to be a good sport Alyssa!
Twas a fun girls night! Thanks!
A beautiful post. You are so wise to enjoy this time with her... they grow up SO fast! Lovely.
That was so sweet. It made me a little teary eyed. She sure is growing up quickly. I feel like just yesterday she was in preschool! Look at her now. What a beautiful park! Glad you had such a special day with her.
Post a Comment