Friday, April 17, 2009

Totally ticked off!



I have been waiting for the soccer schedule to be posted. The kids and I were talking after practice the other night that in the Spring they usually put the first game on a Sunday so unfortunately they'll have to miss that one. But today when I got the schedule not only is the first game on Sunday but the second one too! I was totally ticked off! They do this in our town so that the games won't conflict with some of the children's first communion which is on Saturdays. Okay I am all fine with supporting other peoples religion, but having 2 games on SUNDAY so that people can do their first communion on SATURDAY and NOT GO TO CHURCH ON SUNDAY totally doesn't work for me! I didn't expect anyone to change schedules for me when the kids got baptized in October. It is just very frustrating to me! I try and teach the kids the value and importance of being there for their team and giving it your all. I don't want their team mates to feel like they are letting them down. (They are very short on numbers this year on the girls team for each time someone misses that means no subs.)

Thankfully this morning I was able to run and get it all out of my system by the time I got home. Now I am just sad about the kids not being able to play their first 2 games and mostly the fact that Sunday is so low on the totem pole of importance to society. I came to the conclusion during my run that I'll have to do 4 things 1. pray for thunderstorms (plain old rain doesn't cancel a game!) 2. set good example to the kids and not be angry anymore 3. be happy with choosing the right- even when it is hard & 4. just let it go.

1. running outside on beautiful days
2. making good choices
3. the kids wearing shorts to school

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It used to be that nothing was even open on Sundays and it was a "family day"..not anymore, but good for you for not giving in and sticking to your principles!!

Steven C. said...

So you ought to send a nicely-worded letter to the organizers expressing your displeasure about Sunday games in general. Maybe if more did that, they'd listen.

Christy said...

That would totaly make me angry too!
More of us need to make stinks about these Sunday sports out here. But Hey, your kids are pretty talented, the coaches may think twice without their help!

Jamie said...

darn it! we're not coming out for the closing. That would have been fun. Its a lot cheaper to sign a power of attorney in order to close.