
"Make sure you get all your ducks in a row! Proper duck alignment is crucial for attaining true inner peace."
(I found this as I was looking for duck pictures and felt it was exactly what I was writing about!!)
I vowed that this week would not be as crazy as last week with way too many things scheduled and packed into the day. So I started it off right with getting my weekly list of errands all organized on Sunday night. As I went about my week it was much more pleasant because I already had my thoughts and needs put down on paper. Today I finished the different errands that had to be run and items shopped for. It was so nice to have the final thing crossed off my list! I treated myself to reading a magazine for a while on the lounge chair in the sun. I love the peace that comes from having life more organized and not letting my schedule get so over crowded. Even yesterday with the kids both having a very busy day- starting out with crazy mix match day at school, then after school baseball program followed by soccer practice at the same time on two different fields, then off to grab dinner and after that off to scouts and activity days- didn't hamper my calm mood because we had prepared the night before getting the 3 change of outfits that were necessary for each child. I had all my "ducks in a row" so I wouldn't be stressed out. The day went so smoothly and the kids did a great job with all of the things that we had in one day! Thankfully we only have 2 more after school baseball programs and then we just have soccer and scouts on Wednesday evenings. That is why take out was invented right?!
1. all things checked on my list!
2. being organized
3. a sunny spot to sit and read
5 comments:
Man, can you organize for me?? Way to go, I am certain if I did that too that my weeks would go much better!
I love that picture! I sometimes feel like that backwards duck. Thanks for the reminder to get my "ducks in a row". I hope when I grow up I can be as orgainzed as you!!
Last week my ducks were definitely running amuck that is why I tried so hard this week!
I definitely need to get my ducks in a row...I love reading your blog..you always inspire me to do better..thanks!!
I love that picture. If I was a really good painter that would be a great one to do.
I'm trying to think of when the last time I had all my ducks in a row. I think it was when Jordan and Katie were young.
Post a Comment