Friday, June 7, 2013

Shrunken slides

A few weeks ago I ran out of the house, got halfway to church for Mutual and realized that I had forgotten to change my shoes! I was laughing so hard. 
I felt like such a dork at church, but I was comfy!
(I have done this more times than I can count!  Usually with flip flops that don't match my outfit and occasionally slippers. )
The fact is they weren't even my shoes! They are Xander's. 
I wear his slides around the house because they are super comfy.

 WELL I won't be doing that with these anymore!  
His slides had a bit of an issue! No wait! A MAJOR ISSUE!
 He left them out by the pool in 89 degree heat and they 

SHRUNK (one about 3 sizes)
&
(both ends)  CURLED 




I called Nike customer service and they laughed right along with me and said that is bizarre. Their policy is to send in the shoes and if it is within 2 years and they feel the product is faulty they will send a gift certificate for the replacement amount. I can't see how they wouldn't! I leave my $2.00 flip flops out by the pool and nothing strange happens. Fingers crossed. 

Too bad I didn't take a picture of Xander's HUGE toes overlapping the top. It was hysterical! 

2 comments:

LL said...

NO WAY!
That really is so funny.

Trueman twins said...

Sadly disappointed! Nike said extreme heat or moisture conditions are NOT covered. FAIL!