We got a hole in the pool liner and for most of the winter I had to look out the window and see the green tarp halfway down and look at the UGLY border on the pool liner. I distinctly remember picking out a different liner when we first purchased the pool. When the guys had the liner installed and ready to go I told them that wasn't the liner I picked out. They said oh well this one is better. So I was stuck with it! See below!
SO when the old liner had a hole or two or three or four... I made sure it was one I liked. Which by the way is very difficult because there are a LOT of UGLY liners out there! Believe me I searched high and low! We got two quotes to have the liner installed by pool companies. The most expensive coming in at $1700 the cheapest at $1200. Well after some encouragement I convinced Paul that he could do it and for a fraction of the cost! The new liner cost $290 and with parts and supplies it was under $400.
It took Paul part of one day (soccer gets in the way a lot) and most of the second day.
Buh bye ugly liner!
I love this one! It blends much better and doesn't stick out and fight against nature. I love how the tiles sparkle in the sun too.
Yay progress! The hardest part was getting the wrinkles out! Well mostly out...
Then you have to start filling the pool with water and continue to spread out the liner. BRRR! Let's just say it's a good thing I wasn't it charge of this! I am a cold water weenie! It has to be around 90 degrees outside for me to go in the pool. I like to enjoy from the sidelines or rather deck chair!
Mind you by now Paul can't feel his feet. It is just barely May and the hose water is freezing!
All in all it turned out fabulous! We saved money, Paul's feet didn't get frost bite and the whole ordeal is long forgotten now that the beautiful warm weather is here!

1 comment:
That new liner really does look nice!
Post a Comment