Saturday, March 28, 2009

This is what we did today!



Paul and the kids started it last weekend and today we got as far as we could without totally collapsing! It actually stretches about 25 feet long and is about 3 feet high on one side of the driveway and 15 feet long and 4 feet high on the other.

This is some of the downed debris due to the ice storm that we had back in December 08. Now that Spring is here we have to get what we can done before all of the underbrush grows in and the ticks are rampant. Another reason to get going is our town is going to start chipping all of the branches left out by the side of the street as of April 1st. I can't imagine how much more work it would have been to have to drag it out into our woods behind the house!  

So here is the results of 6 hours of really hard work. Too bad we have so much more that could be done! Thankfully when everything fills in and the greenery takes over we won't notice the limbs and branches in the background. I swear I don't ever want to own this much property again! It is so much to keep up with, but I admit it is beautiful. 

1. an early morning run
2. working hard as a family
3. Keeping Craftsman in business (chainsaw, tractor, trailer...)

4 comments:

Marcy said...

Good work Trueman family!!

Anonymous said...

Spring clean up is one of my least favorite things, but it's nice that you got to make it a family activity!

Princess Julie said...

Wow, and I here I complain about weeding. I haven't checked the blog in a while and I love the idea of your 3 things you are thankful for at the end of each post.

Swimmingmom said...

Uggh,that is soooo much, I can't even believe it! That must have been daunting!