Friday, March 6, 2009

Who's your dentist?


I really dislike going to the dentist. I don't like people poking and prodding around inside my mouth. It causes me great anxiety and a big fat headache, but I still go every six months because I know how important it is. We have wanted to switch our dentist for a while now, but I really like the office staff and the hygienist that we see. On the other hand our dentist, Dr. O is standoffish and somewhat of a jerk. When the kids go he has NEVER once said great job no cavities or anything remotely like that. He just rubs me the wrong way. I spoke with one of my friends at church who first recommended the practice when we first moved here. (At that time there was another dentist in addition to Dr. O) My friend had the same feelings about Dr. O and is now in the process of switching dentists too.

I dislike it even more now since Paul's work assigned a new dental carrier this year and now the dentist we had is out of network and it will cost $150. for Paul to get a replacement silver filling. $250 for white. Gimme a BREAK!

So I would appreciate it if you'd let me know who your dentist is and if you like him/her and the staff. We really need to change and if I am going to have to pay out of network I had at least better like the person! Thanks!

1. volunteering in Xander's class

2. Movie night tonight

3. Nice weather on the way!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

We just started going to Dr Hamel in Oxford. I called to get Tiff an appointment for a cleaning and got in the very next day..the Hygientist was fantastic, haven't had to deal with the actual dentist yet and I'm not sure what insurances they deal with but you could give them a call and see what happens.Good Luck!!

Smilin' sunshine said...

I need one too, so I am interested to see what people say!

Leah said...

I can't believe what dentists can charge! I hope things get better.

smart mama said...

I really like dr theroux in grafton- they are fast, good- really probably the best dentist i've had as an adult...-she is nice and does good work- the hygenists are good too and it's very high tech-

Cathy said...

I've never been fond of the dentist either. I just started going to Dr. Neidhardt in Southbridge. VERY prompt and I've been happy with his staff approach to dentistry.