Today we are babysitting Hatrick while the Rice Family is off for a fun filled day at the beach. Hatrick joins our family with theirs since our puppy will be his uncle. Kinda funny since Phineas isn't even born yet. Phineas' mom is Hatrick's grandma.
Paul and I have been laughing at all of his silly little tricks. He has found many wonderful things to grab and run with in Paul's office! Things he should not be chewing- hangers, MP3 player along with its case and XM hats. It is a great reason to keep his office picked up! I found the living room remote in the family room and pieces of trash just to name a few. He is full of joy and playfulness. It reminds me of the kids when they were really little and simple things brought such excitement and pleasure. I know it will be a lot of work to have a puppy again, but today I am reminded of all of the joy that having a dog brings into your life. I'm sure I'll have to refer back to this post often when it gets a bit overwhelming or something really special gets destroyed!
The second thing we have been waiting for us our trip to Turks and Caicos. I feel that I have almost been wishing summer away so that we can get to this trip. The mornings this week have flown by with the kids at VBS (vacation bible school), but the afternoons have seemed to drag. Their is an air of anticipation in our home and we are waiting and waiting for the day to arrive. Thankfully it is finally so near- we leave early Sunday morning and we will be there by lunchtime! We are all so looking forward to relaxing in paradise for a week. There we will want time to SLOW down and we won't mind it dragging by, but I have the feeling it will be the opposite and time will fly by!
1. playful puppies
2. joy and laughter
3. in 3 days we'll be landing in Paradise
2 comments:
It's so hard to wait for things sometimes!! Have fun on your trip!
GO ENJOY YOUR TRIP!!!
Scared of the reality that will slap us in the face the end of the month.
Post a Comment