Thursday, February 5, 2009

Where is the OFF switch?


Last night at 2:13 Xander had a bad dream so I got up to give him a hug and a kiss. After getting back into bed my brain would NOT SHUT OFF!

I hate it when this happens. As I tossed and turned and tried to clear my mind- to no avail- I kept thinking where is the OFF SWITCH? If only I could shut my brain off and go to sleep. It was 3:16 and I was still going over random things, singing songs (in my head of course), thinking of white sheets of paper to clear my mind, counting backwards, singing, thinking, counting,... AHHHHHHHH!


SO if you know where the OFF SWITCH is could you please let me know??


1. a great idea about this years primary program

(I guess losing sleep had something good come out of it)

2. not being tired or cranky yet....

3. a potential full nights sleep ahead of me

6 comments:

Marcy said...

I HATE when that happens. I can usually sleep anywhere, anytime...but once in a while I do that and it drives me NUTS!!
I feel your pain. Here's to a good night sleep tonight!!

Anonymous said...

It's aweful when you can't get back to sleep..When that happens to me I usually fall back to sleep about 15 minutes before my alarm goes off, so what's the point? Hope you have a better night tonight!!

Leah said...

Most of my nights are that way. Even if I'm exhausted from being up with Lily. I'm amazing how our minds work but sometimes you just wish you could turn it off!!!

Swimmingmom said...

I like the analogy! Sooooo true, I hate that too! Hope you get some better rest.

LL said...

i know this results in tired days but your brain comes up with SUCH good things during those hours...
love your program idae!

Jamie said...

Have more kids is my recommendation. lol Seriously though, I have not had one of those nights in such a long time. It seems they came for often when Jordan and Katie were little and I worried about a lot of stuff. If I couldn't go to sleep in the middle of the night though, I'd read a good book since sometimes I intentionally don't go to bed because of reading. It might be a nice time to start making tomorrow's dinner or how about some exercise while listening to a good program?