Sunday I made their beds while they were in the shower, picked up their rooms a bit and put a note on their beds telling them how proud I was of them and to meet me that night on the couch for a 5 minute backrub. It was fun peeking around the corner as they read their notes! They were really grateful! They especially loved the backrubs. Dad got one too!
Monday was a rule breaker day! I always send them a healthy snack- usually a fruit with crackers, yogurt or graham crackers. Something still tasty but healthy. Last week Xander was telling me that it kinda of makes him jealous when he sees his friends having "junky" food for snack. I reminded him that he always get a dessert when I pack his lunch. Snack time is brain food! SO this day I packed Oreo cakesters for their snacks and a fruit. I put a post it note on it and wished them a Happy Valentine's DAYS #2. They were both so happy with their snack. Xander was quick to point out that I put an "s" on Days and spelled it wrong. So much for not letting them know about the 14 days! I told them the scoop and they were eager to find out what the next day would bring!
Tuesday I put this note in their lunch box with a juju heart that they can eat. When they got home I had red velvet cupcakes waiting for them. Alyssa commented tonight that she just feels happy about Valentine's day and loved.
1. school all day long even with the snow
2. red velvet cupcakes
3. sprinkles- they make it so much more festive!
4 comments:
Those are great things to do! I have been doing things too, but until yesterday I guess they weren't obvious enough!
CUTE!!! so cute.
as for the Valentine cupid at our house, I'm administering lots of Tylenol. Nothing but love over here.
I like your yummy treats better!
What a great idea! I think my kids would pester me too if they knew I was making it a 14 day thing. It would probably take me a couple of weeks to get organized enough to do something like that. I'm so behind on your blog and blogging in general.
Good for you, fun ideas! I especially like the junky snack one. Infact, I had just been thinking how my mom ALWAYS packed me an apple or pear while all my classmates had cookies, potato sticks, chips, etc. In retrospect, I am grateful that she did that. What a fun "rule breaker" day!
Post a Comment