Sunday- I asked Paul if he would do something special with the kids pancakes and this is the great design he came up with. The kids really liked it. I think they taste better heart shaped!
Monday-I thought it would be fun to make jello jigglers and spell out a message or do cute shapes, but the jello didn't set up completely so the kids had bowls of jello and thankfully were just as happy.
Tuesday-Paul picked up chocolate donuts with heart sprinkles and I placed clues all around for a scavenger hunt. They were so excited when they found the donuts and packets of hot chocolate for a yummy afternoon snack!
Wednesday-I picked up some good bubble blowing bubble gum. I really wanted to get Bubble yum or Hubba bubba something really sugary that we usually don't have, but they didn't have much. Hmmm.... maybe they don't sell that anymore? Xander got to bring his to school on Friday for a special hour of gum chewing!
My neighbor mentioned a while back how much she loved Oreo cakesters and how much they reminded her of the whoopee pies her mom made when she was younger. So when we met up at the bus stop I brought her a bag of cakesters with a special card! The kids and I created this Valentines Day card a while back. I asked them what they thought love was and below are some of the things they said:
giving kisses...serving others...hugging you...holding hands... when you feel so happy inside...going outside to play in the sunshine...forgetting my faults...when your heart is so full...
Love is...
snuggling in bed...watching the kids sleep...saying I love you...amazing...family...friends...all encompassing...joy...xoxo..cuddling after a nap...rocking a baby...sweet little faces...
Thursday- Thankfully I didn't plan anything with food today! Xander was up ALL NIGHT LONG throwing up. I had just started to write on the mirror with soap when I heard that terrible sound no mom wants to hear! So in between cleanings up I finished the song. Here are my altered lyrics:
You are my sunshines
my special sunshines.
You make me so HAPPY everyday!
Sometimes I get crabby- please forgive me!
Won't you be my Valentines today?
Have I mentioned that I am glad this is almost over? The kids have been very appreciative and not expecting huge things but I am ready to be done tomorrow! :-) I don't know if it is because it feels like we just barely finished our 25 days of kindness in December or I am just bah hum buggy? Whatever the case is I am glad I did it, but even more glad tomorrow is the LAST DAY!!!
Friday- On Thursday Alyssa helped me make 45 heart shaped rice crispy treats with sprinkles to bring into their classrooms. Alexander was off the hook since he was still recovering and way too germy!
1.Tomorrow's the last day!
2. No one getting sick last night!
3. Xander thanking me at 3:30 am for helping him while he was sick! That made it all worthwhile!
3 comments:
You are doing good! I too am glad it is about over and I didn't do 25days of Christmas! Hope you get good sleep this weekend!
I think you definetly win the prize for the best smackdown!! Those are all wonderful things that you have done for your family!What a great mom you are.. hope xander is feeling better and no one else gets sick!!
You are amazing! You've done such a great job and helping your family feel loved and I also like how much they participated with you. How fun!
Post a Comment