Thursday I decided to give the kids a heart attack! I put things that I think are great about them on paper hearts and put them all over their rooms. They seemed to like this especially the note with the jolly ranchers on them. I didn't realize just how much Alyssa liked it until I went up to bed that night. I walked into my room to find that she had followed suit and given us a heart attack also! It brought happy tears to my eyes and a rush of love to my heart. Paul walked in, saw the hearts, looked at me and asked if I was "having a moment." Yes, a moment of overwhelming love for my children!
I was glad to overhear the kids talking to each other that since they had the heart attack- Friday must be a smaller valentine day since that was a big one. So gratefully I took it a bit easier and gave them a special dessert in their lunch boxes with a note.
Saturday was another rule breaker. Also a bit of a tough one for me. On the outside of my door I posted a note saying:
I have to admit I cheated a bit on Friday since I knew they wouldn't be doing chores on Saturday. So on Friday evening I had them bring down the recycle that was overflowing and do a few other things. After reading the not Saturday morning we had to remind them that this did not mean they can trash the house and not have to pick up after themselves. It meant picking up what they played with but not having to clean the bathrooms, vacuum etc... This was a big hit. Xander asked if that still meant he got his allowance for that day? Good try buddy! Not gonna happen!
1.Paul fixing the blinds and replacing the ones that were broken
2. pizza party and trophies at basketball
3. hamburgers for dinner...if only we could grill them and sit outside!
6 comments:
OH, how sweet! First, what a great idea to not just put heart on their walls, but to write great things about them. What a sweet girl you have to do that back. Just shows that the love is really rubbing off! Love the NO Chores Saturday!
Very cute ideas!
I can't wait to grill and eat outside too. Hamburgers just aren't the same indoors.
What a fun mom you are! All of these are great ideas. Your children are so sweet!
great ideas. I heart attacked the boys room years ago and they STILL talk about it. I might have to re-live that heart attack!
Oh, Man the no chores Sat is a tough one for moms, but good for you! they will love you more for it! I love the cute things kids do..
What a cute idea to give your kids a heart attack! Haley loves stuff like that and I think I'll copy you and do it for her. I often find notes under my pillow from her saying "I love you" and "You're my favorite" it's so sweet when she does that, it warms my heart. Kids are great!
Post a Comment