Sunday, August 24, 2008

This afternoon I was working on updating the Primary newsletter for September. I love the theme for September! So simple and basic, yet so true!
"I can pray to Heavenly Father, and He will hear and answer my prayers."

“Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” (Mark 11:24)
I have had many opportunities in my life to put this to the test. The biggest one was a 6 year long prayer while waiting for Alyssa and Alexander. I KNEW that they would come it was just a question of WHEN?? There have been many other instances in my life where the knowledge that my prayers would be answered were a great comfort to me and this will be a life long process. It is not always when, what or how I wanted it, but it has always been what is best for me.

1 comment:

Christy said...

This will be a perfect theme for Brooklynn this month as she has been asking about if prayers are "really" answered. Such a simple concept, but as adults we still struggle to try this truth. I love these simple themes in primary.