They boogie boarded, caught sand crabs, (Which gave Paul the heebie jeebies! He wouldn't even hold one!)
saw lots of flocks of pelicans, several pods of dolphins swimming and diving along just after the wave breaks, and I believe the highlight was getting enormous amount of seaweed out of the ocean.
It was their goal along with some newly made friends to eradicate the ocean of seaweed! One rather large clump even contained about 10 crabs. One poor guy was caught and who knows his fate. One of the kids carried him off down the beach perhaps for dinner? I showed the kids how to stomp on the seaweed bubbles and they would pop like bubble wrap. Alyssa found a tiny star fish in the seaweed but, unfortunately my battery ran out by then.
Paul and I were so happy to be able to take the kids to the same beach we frequented as teenagers. This summer has really been about reliving our old haunts through the kids and watching the pleasure they have and we get out of watching them!
2 comments:
I'm SOOOOOOO jealous!! Boy do I miss the beach, especially CALIFORNIA beaches! Glad you're having fuN!
I remember many teenage days on the cali beaches also! We never grow old, just wiser. Who ever tires of popping seaweed?
Post a Comment