
For months now I have been trying to buy Postum at our local grocery store. They used to carry it and I thought that maybe they just stopped since not too many people purchase it. When we were out in California and I saw some in my Grandmother's cupboard. I sent Paul for several jars. He calls me from the store and says he can't find it. I thought he just wasn't looking hard enough and to ask the guy who works there since my cousin bought it there a few months back. No such luck! So today I remembered to look it up online and see if I could order some. It is my winter evening chill out by the TV drink and since winter will be here before we know it (UNFORTUNATELY) I thought I 'd be ahead of the game for a change! Much to my dismay they discontinued it back in January! Now I know why I can't find it! What a big bummer!! I'll miss my cold evening favorite drink! There is a Swedish alternative called Pero. Maybe I'll give that a try. Something small and silly, but gives great comfort to my weary body on a cold winter night! Goodbye Postum! I'll miss you....
I guess I am not the only one who will miss it since they even had an article on it in the Deseret News back in March!
4 comments:
There are links to homemade Postum recipes at the bottom of this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postum
I have only ever heard of Postum from my dad. He used to drink it when we were little. We'd have hot chocolate, and he'd have Postum. It was fun to hear about it again :)
you mena someon actually drinks that stuff??
I have many many good and warm postum memories I for one will miss it terribly. Does remind me of my dad too!
Post a Comment