Nine years ago we bought our Chevy Tahoe-
dubbed Blackie by the kids even though it was dark metallic gray...
Blackie served us well!
She made it to 113,000ish miles but she was having issues!
She needed new tires-- $$$$, the 4WD light kept coming on-- $$$$
so we decided to start looking around a bit and maybe in a couple of months...
She made it to 113,000ish miles but she was having issues!
She needed new tires-- $$$$, the 4WD light kept coming on-- $$$$
so we decided to start looking around a bit and maybe in a couple of months...
On Saturday 8/24 the kids had soccer tryouts in Lancaster. Right next door was a Toyota dealership which had EXACTLY the car we wanted, only 156 miles, the color we wanted and no navigation.
When Paul came back and told me about the car Xander and I went over for a test drive.
When Paul came back and told me about the car Xander and I went over for a test drive.
SOLD!
Paul went back to Charlton to get my Tahoe, rip out the navigation, stereo, headrest monitors etc... and came back and the deal was done. Well... not so fast as it may sound, it always takes a few hours to buy a car. They gave us 7K for our car (promised site unseen and they came through). I seriously feel like I dodged a bullet with my Tahoe! We needed to put at least $1500 into before winter and that day it started making a funny new noise. It was only a matter of time!
Thanks Blackie, you served us for 9 long years and we had to put very little back into you!
Thanks Blackie, you served us for 9 long years and we had to put very little back into you!
So we drove home in this-
Nah just kidding! That was a plant in the dealership that Alyssa had me take a picture of.
Okay this-
Love my new car!
The absolute best part (which was my #1 requirement) is with the push of two buttons the third row seats fold completely flat. I don't have to take anything out or mess with really heavy seats. The 2nd a sunroof. I've always wanted a sunroof!
Thankfully the new car smell is going away!
Paul and I and a few others on the planet HATE new car smell.
I know we are few and far between...
The absolute best part (which was my #1 requirement) is with the push of two buttons the third row seats fold completely flat. I don't have to take anything out or mess with really heavy seats. The 2nd a sunroof. I've always wanted a sunroof!
Thankfully the new car smell is going away!
Paul and I and a few others on the planet HATE new car smell.
I know we are few and far between...


1 comment:
You called yours "Blackie"?
I'm going to call mine BLACK DEATH!
Here's how we're different...you're smart about cars, we just keep dumping money into our "Black hole"
:-)
It has to be inspected this month, no way it will pass. SO, we'll see.
We'll see how much we'll spend to keep it running another 8 or 9 years. I'm so ready for a mini van!!
Your new car is beautiful!
Post a Comment